Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas Countdown

Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer of countdowns

Well lots of things are happening to us this summer. It's the summer of excitement, change and anticipation. We had the baptism and the stress and excitement of that. We had the yard sale and the stress and success of that and the messy house that follows with that and now we get to look forward to the change of moving. Yes we are moving again. Been married almost 10 years and this will be around the 13 or 14 place we have lived in. Chelton is going in the police academy at the end of August and we have sold our house and will be renting and down-sizing while he undergoes this full-time school. Luckily the police academy only goes until the end of December so hopefully he can find a job quickly once January comes and we can be back on our feet again soon once the new year comes. The good news is we are getting to stay in Plain City and are only moving like two blocks away so the kids will stay in the same school and we are even getting to stay in the same ward as we will only be renting this house for 6-8 months and then yes another move after that again depending upon where he gets a job (hopefully somewhere close so we can continue to stay in Plain City where we love). We will be moving next Saturday all our big stuff and then moving officially by July 4.

So another summer of countdowns I am looking forward to...let's see well Eclipse comes out in 9 days....yes you see the widget above this post...I'm a nerd and am excited for that. We are planning on some vacation in August. We don't know where yet...probably camping but for a family who likes to vacation and hasn't gotten the chance to this year...it has been killing me...so that is about the only hope getting me through all this....the stress reducer of that week without work and the stress of life and the fact that I can sit there for a week and let it all stay at home. We also plan to take the kids to Lagoon this summer because Connor keep BEGGING me to take him to Disneyland and well you know that won't be happening so I compromised and decided to do Lagoon and so that will be a big deal for them and all of us as I haven't been in 10 years and Chelton more like 15 and the kids never so they are really looking forward to it. Hopefully we can find a time to actually go. I do feel bad because I told the kids at the beginning of summer we were going to have Funday Monday and go somewhere every Monday and well with my busy work and moving and just life that tanked...poor kids!!!!

We have this summer of things to look forward to...hopefully they all happen and we actually get to do the fun stuff and not just the stressful stuff. The kids sure deserve it seeing what they have been through in the last year. They sure are troopers!!!!

2 comments:

landofnyedom said...

Wow! That's a lot of moving! Good luck! That's nice you can at least stay in your ward for now. Always hardest to leave when you have a good ward. And always nice to have a vacation to look forward to. That helps keep me somewhat sane sometimes too. :)

Angie said...

Wow, you guys are busy! I didn't know Chelton was going to the police academy. At Weber State? I worked a little bit in the police academy office when I worked at WSU, but quit to stay home before I was officially moved over to it. That's awesome he's going into police work and good luck to him with the training. I really liked the work I did for it...because it's a fascinating program.
Good luck with the move and staying sane during all of it! :)