Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas Countdown

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Preschool graduation

Well Connor recently graduated from Frog Pond Preschool. He had such a great time this year in preschool and grew so much learning-wise and socially. He made some really good friends. His teacher (teacher Julie) said that at the beginning of the year he pretty much would play by himself but by the end of the year he was everyone's friend and everyone wanted to play with Connor. One thing I've recently learned about Connor is that he is starting to worry about what people think about him. At his graduation each kid had to dress up to represent a certain field trip they took and talk about it. Connor dressed up as a dentist and had to talk about their field trip to the dentist. While we were talking about what to say he went off about a story of two little kids in their class that dressed up in pillow cases pretending to be teeth demonstrating how to floss. I told him that would be a good story to tell and he told me no that kids would laugh at him and that would be too emberassing. Also on graduation night I got him all dressed up and put gel in his hair and kind of spiked it up (which I never do) to make him look all handsome and he got all mad and told me that everyone was going to laugh at him. Well he is definitely starting to get the social awareness part down!!! He is a brilliant kid. He will do Garrett (who is in second grade) math's homework with him sometimes. At the end of graduation the teacher gave out awards to a handful of students who could read all the site words (a super reader award) and Connor was among those handful of students who recieved the award. And to top it off Connor was honored with a Math award. He was the only student in his class to get two awards. He is an excellent counter. Before he even entered preschool he counted up to 1200 on a vacation we took and that was back a year ago. His teacher thought he should be honored with this special award to show how brilliant he is in his math abilities. He will ask me all the time to quiz him on math questions and problems that I will quiz my 8 year old on. I hope the skill will continue on with him and not catch up to him. I am so proud of him and can't believe he will be in Kindegarten. He has made some really good buddies in preschool and he keeps hoping that teacher Julie will be his kindegarten teacher and I keep explaining to him that she won't be. What a difference a good teacher makes. Below are a few pictures but as usual we get there and my battery is dead. My friend took some pictures with him in his graduation hat and some more great ones but I haven't got those yet so here are the very few that I got before my camera died.

Photobucket

Connor with teacher Julie saying his part about the dentist field trip

Photobucket

Connor on stage next to his buddy Cooper dressed as a dog.

No comments: