Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas Countdown

Friday, June 4, 2010

It's great to be 8

Well my oldest baby turned 8 today. I can't believe how fast time flies by. I can't believe how grown up Garrett is. He is getting into that old stage where he starts to like older things and is just getting to old for me!!!! Next week he will be getting baptized. I just can't keep my head from spinning. My friend and neighbor Erin made this cute invitation (who I can't thank enough):

Photobucket

Instead of having a big birthday party Garrett chose the option of choosing three friends to take to Toads. He chose his cousin Jayden, his friend Carter and his friend Mason and of course his little brother Connor. They had a great time. They first played laser tag. It was Chelton and Connor against the boys. Garrett absolutely has a new love of laser tag and always begs us to go so he loved this. This was Connor's first time as it was for Carter and Jayden too. Mason followed Chelton around and was proud to have shot Chelton like eight times. Connor had Chelton's back and got Mason a few times too. They all had fun telling me all the stories about it but in the end it turned out that team Connor and Chelton won the game. Then Garrett, Carter, Jayden and Mason went out and did outdoor mini-golf. I snuck outside and took some pictures of that and they had a good time with that. They all got to spend $10 playing video games and earning tickets to buy prizes. Garrett kept playing some game that he kept winning the jackpot on. You could hear him no matter where you were because he kept yelling as loud as he could and he won it like 5 times. He ended up with a lot of tickets. They all ended up with a lot of prizes. They opened up presents and Garrett loved everything he got. Mom and Dad got him a video game he has been dying to get and he has been playing it ever since. Tonight we will probably take him to dinner as it is his real birthday and celebrate.

Now we are excited to celebrate his choice in getting baptized. I am so proud of him. He has been receiving discussions from our ward missionaries and I am so proud of how much he has learned on his own and retained on his own about the Gospel. He is such a blessing in my life and I love him so much.

Photobucket

The boys at Toads

Photobucket

Garrett, Jayden, Carter and Mason mini-golfing

Photobucket

Garrett mini-golfing

Photobucket

Mason mini-golfing

Photobucket

Garrett opening his Pokemon Guess Who game that Connor was so excited to give him (and I think more excited to play)

Photobucket

Garrett winning his jackpot and dancing around

2 comments:

landofnyedom said...

How fun! 8 is such a great age. My oldest just turned 9 and my next will be 8 next year. Yikes! Where does the time go? They grow up too fast! Hope your fam has a great baptism day.

Winters said...

Happy Birthday and Congratulations Garrett we are so so excited for you and are so sad we missed your big day! you are such a good example to all of your cousins!