Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas Countdown

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thirty, flirty and thriving

Photobucket

I've decided to kind of do a spotlight on each member of our family and why not start with me because well..it is my 30th birthday today. Yikes-the big 3-0. I asked Connor yesterday if 30 was old and he said "yes...but mom's are supposed to be old." I guess when I was 6 I thought my mom was old too. I don't think that any more.

So a few things about me....

Favorite food: Lasagna, pizza, rolls, soups.
Favorite dessert: Chocolate cake, doughnuts.
Favorite color: Red.
Favorite TV shows: One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, American Idol, Grey's Anatomy and Glee.
Favorite Movies: Harry Potter (all of them), Pride and Prejudice, Mamma Mia, Phantom of the Opera, The Holiday.
Favorite Music: Kris Allen, Paramore, SecondHand Serenade, Plain White Ts, Kelly Clarkson.
Favorite Books: Harry Potter, The Mortal Instruments, Twilight, Hunger Games, Percy Jackson and Fablehaven.
Favorite places I've traveled: Rio de Janeiro, Maui, Yellowstone, Disneyland.
Places I want to travel: Alaska cruise, Disneyworld, well..anywhere really.
Favorite past-time: Reading, watching movies, camping, 4-wheeling, spending time with my family, traveling.
Favorite sport: Basketball.
Things I don't like: Spiders, Pain (I have fibromyalgia so basically have pain every day of my life), kids being hurt, allergies, ironing.
Things I love: Sleeping in, roller coasters, making lists, playing board games, my family!!!!

I can't believe how fast 30 years has gone by. I have been married for 10 years now. It will be interesting to look back in 10 years from now to see how much has changed from this list. Hopefully the list of places I've traveled has gotten bigger!!! Hopefully my 30s truly will be a fun age to go through. No more diapers so that already is a fun start (way to be positive right?)

2 comments:

landofnyedom said...

Happy Birthday! Yes, no diapers is a great way to start the decade. :) Hope you get to travel to someplace awesome.

Shauna Spendlove said...

Well if I saw you I would guess you were 30! You are beautiful and such a good example to me! You are such a good mommy and your kids love you so much! Hope you had a good birthday!