Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas Countdown

Monday, May 3, 2010

The Last Song

Well I just finished The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks...I was a little hesitant to read this as I know the typical Nicholas Sparks books are pretty sad and I have heard from people that have seen the movie that it was sad so I didn't know if I wanted to read it or not but I was actually pretty suprised. I put myself on the waiting list at the library to get this book and they emailed me that it was in so I ran to pick it up. I read it in just a few days and I really liked this one. I went in knowing it was a Nicholas Sparks book (as having read most of his books) and it was a really good book. Having seen the previews for the movie I could clearly picture Miley Cyrus as the lead character and Greg Kinnear as her dad. Yes the book was a tear jerker but it ends on a happy note and the lead character (played by Miley Cyrus in the movie) really grows in the book and she ends up happy at the end which usually doesn't happen in his books. So without giving away what happens and spoiling the book, I just want to say that I really liked it and would recommend it. I want to see the movie now and see how it compares with the book. Now it is on to the next book. My sister-in-law gave me Pride and Prejudice but she is also getting me the Hunger Games which I have been dying to read and heard is really good so I will have to decide what is next....

5 comments:

landofnyedom said...

Haven't read the book, but I did see the movie. Good, but sad.

Baker Family said...

Oh! My book club just finished the Hunger Games and we all loved it! I was going to recommend it to you. Even Kurt read it and liked it and we've already finished the 2nd in the series. Let me know what you think. :) It was so good to see you that day a few weeks ago. I wish I would've had more time to visit. I'll have to call you this week. I've been wondering what you guys decided to do and where to go....south?!? ;) I was just hoping....haha!

Baker Family said...

...and I forgot to comment about how I'm so nerdy and love Nicholas Sparks books too. Josie and I have made sure to read all of them then see the movies together when we can. Did you read/see Dear John? I still need to read/see the Last Song. That's next on my list. I know they are usually sad but they are such a good quick read. I went to North Carolina and spent some time on some of the beaches he always writes about so that was fun to actually know where he is talking about when I read his books. I love reading so keep sharing your reviews!

The Girardo Family said...

I want to read this book...I have heard its really good. But like you its a Nicholas Sparks book, so maybe I will. You are going to love Hunger Games, but my favorite is the second. David has the audio for it, but hasn't gotten to it yet. I am dieing to see what he thinks of it. You will have to tell me when you read them. See ya Saturday!!

Shauna Spendlove said...

I saw the movie but didn't read the book! HUNGER GAMES is SO GOOD!!!! But there is a 3rd book coming out the end of August so it might be a good idea to wait... I'm still in suspense to see what happens and I have to WAIT FOREVER!! =)