Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas Countdown

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Not the itsy-bitsy spider

Photobucket

So Kylie thought she saw a bug and sad to say she is becoming her mother when it comes to bugs....she hates them. She didn't want that bug to be in her house so instead of coming to me or her dad like she usually would, she went to her big brother Connor. She ordered her brother (because she is the boss around here) to get his shoes on and squash the bug and then ran and got his shoes for him. Well superhero Connor was brave and got his shoes and then proceeded to squash the bug for her. Well in Connor's defense he only did this because in reality there was no bug. It was just a product of a dirty floor that hadn't been swept. If it had been a real live bug I wonder if Connor would have been brave enough to capture the itsy bitsy spider for her. Kylie has superhero spider eyesight like her mother and can spot a spider from anywhere. It was the cutest thing to watch Connor try to be so brave for her and try to catch the invisible nonexistant bug. I told Connor he must really love her because if it had been my brother he would have picked up the piece of dirt and ran around pretending it was a bug and tried to scare me to death with it. They do have a love/hate relationship. They can be so cute and fight with the best of them.

5 comments:

landofnyedom said...

Cute! What a good big brother. :)

Angie said...

Hopefully that is a sign of things to come... a brother always protecting his little sister. How cute!

Unknown said...

Awwww..that is so adorable! My brothers would have hid it in my bed :)

landofnyedom said...

Hey,
We got that book at Barnes and Noble. I think it's been pretty good. Kind of depends on how motivated your kids are I guess. My girls hating doing it, but both read above grade level now and Carter seemed to really pick up on the concepts pretty quickly. I've really liked the Leap frog movies. Crazy we'll both have kindergarteners next year!

Shauna Spendlove said...

That is the cutest story every!! Good for Connor being so nice!! He is looking so grown up!! So is Kylie! I loved Garrett's picture for school... I can't believe he is almost 8!