Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas Countdown

Monday, March 22, 2010

Books...books and more books

Okay so some of you know that recently I've become a reader. I've always wanted to become a reader and I've listened to all you readers talk about books you been reading but I've always said that I never had time to read...well recently I've found my time to read. I found that special hour right before bedtime that is my time to read. It has been something that I've really enjoyed to do and something that I can do that is for myself and I look forward to that hour (sometimes less) every night (and sometimes not everynight) that I get to escape in a book. So I've decided to list on my blog on the right hand side the current book that I am working on and then when I'm done with that book give a little rating of whether I liked it or not and whether I would recommend it. A few of the books that I have already read are: Twilight Saga (of course), Harry Potter series (of course), Percy Jackson Books 1-3 (currently on book 4), The Undaunted and a few little love story books my mom gave me but honestly couldn't tell you the name of the author now. My sister-in-law Alyssa has a whole list of books she is going to give me so I'm going to get reading. It works out great for Chelton because he can watch his sports or Modern Marvels show and I don't complain because I can read and not be bothered by it a bit.

5 comments:

landofnyedom said...

I love to read too. :) I never really got into the Twilight books though. I'm not much for fantasy. But if you like those you could try the Fablehaven books. I hear they are really good. My daughter's read the first 4 and #5 comes out today.
I like Anita Stansfield, Michelle Ashman Bell, James Bell, Clair Poulsen, to name a few. :)

Angie said...

I'm a huge reader too! I read about a book or two a week these days. I have a ton of books (thanks to book sales and the D.I.). If you ever want to come look and borrow some, you totally can. You can't beat a good book!

The Girardo Family said...

Books are my life!!! Let me know if you need any books. i have to take a break in my books. I have got to crack down on my girls easter/flower girl dresses. So I am currently not reading till I get the dresses done. But I am listening to "The Count of Monte Cristo," while I crochet. Which by the way, very good!!!

Shauna Spendlove said...

How nice to do something for yourself!! =) I really recommend the Hunger Games and the sequel, the only problem is there is another book coming out in November... but they are SO good!! Also try Poison Study (I didn't like the two sequels as much, but still recommend!) I've heard all the Dan Brown books are really good too, I just haven't read them yet! =) Don't forget to send me that email with your Temple story! Love you guys!

Shauna Spendlove said...

I just read the other comments and I agree that Fablehaven is really good!!!!!!!