Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas Countdown

Sunday, November 4, 2012

October

Lots of stuff happened in the last month or so..crazy crazy.  We got to do some fun stuff by me winning some fun things these last two months.  I won tickets to the Clark Planetarium 3D movie. 

We went down to SLC and got down to the planetarium and my kids are OBSESSED with space stuff and they were like kids in a candy store.  They were running around looking at everything and were SO happy.  We had an hour until our 3D movie started so we went and walked around the Gateway.  While we were walking around we ran into Utah Jazz center Enes Kanter.  We told the boys to go get his autograph but they didn't dare.  We walked back to see our movie and he then came into the Planetarium.  I asked him for his autograph and then he sat and talked to us.  He was so super nice and then Connor decided he was his best friend and he had him sign Chelton's Jazz hat he was wearing.  We all thought it was so cool to have met and talked with Kanter.  It is not every day you meet someone famous just walking around Salt Lake and they LOVED the planetarium.






Also I won tickets to Lagoon from Big-O tires.  We took Garrett for his birthday this year and they kept asking me when we were going to go again and I told them we weren't going to go unless I won free tickets and then I won some so they were so excited we got to go one more time this year.  We had a good time but only stayed half a day this time.  Connor's best friend Aden was there so he was excited to find him and ride one of the rides with him. 



 
 I won tickets to an American Idol concert of Casey Abrams from the radio station 99.5.  I was able to go with me and the kids.  We were really excited because we really like Casey Abrams and have been listening to his CD nonstop.  Kylie and Connor made a little sign to hold up at his concert based on the lyric of his songs and at the end of his playing he saw Kylie's sign and called them up to the stage and asked if he could sign them.  He took a picture of them with their signs with his camera phone and posted it on his twitter account and instagram.  Connor was excited because he says he is best friends with two famous people now (Kanter and him).  If you go to this link http://www.my995fm.com/slc-common/livevideo/past/caseyabrams.html and wait until the very end of the clip you will see him call up my kids and see us in the video.
 




 

Also in October Garrett and Chelton went to a BYU game.  They had a lot of fun and came home with a bunch of stuff.  Garrett is really getting into football and sports this year.  He is playing fantasy football with us for the first time this year and is having a lot of fun with that.  He went to the game also with his Grandpa Spendlove and his uncle Cameron. 

 
I won tickets from America First to the X96 Show and went with my childhood friend Keysha.  It was a lot of fun to spend a day with her since I don't get to see her hardly ever.  I was mainly excited to see Neon Trees and mostly Imagine Dragons (whom I LOVE).  There were other bands and A LOT of people but we got a great spot for Neon Trees and were able to see okay during Imagine Dragons.  I was lucky enough also to get there just in time for the meet and greet for them to snap a great picture (but didn't want to wait in line to meet them).  It was mostly just a great day to catch up with my great friend and spend the day laughing and having a great time and hanging out with a bunch of young kids and feeling like one of them.
 
 
 
We took the kids to the fire station for an open house they had and they got to ride on a real fire truck.  They LOVED that.  We took their photo by an old fire truck they had and they had dinner for the family also.  We know a lot of guys who work with the fire deparment.  The kids loved it.
 
 
 
And lastly we had Halloween.  We started Halloween by going to the Library's spooky story hour.  Then we went to the ward's trunk or treat.  It was combined with another ward so there were tons of people there and they got a lot of candy just by going to that.  The bishopric provided chili and scones.  Garrett and Connor found their friends and took off.  Chelton was at work and there was a dog so Kylie wouldn't go.  I had to give out candy so I was kind of in a pickle with her.  Some older primary girls took her for a few minutes but she was just scared of that dog.  Finally after 30 minutes or so I just asked my friend to hand out my candy too and I just took her around.  She is just scared of everything.  Silly girl.  I knew it would be the only candy she would get.  Then Connor and Garrett both went trick or treating with their friends and me and Kylie went home to pass out candy.  We get TONS of trick or treaters on our road.  She loved handing out candy with me.  It was super warm this year and that made it fun.  Her BFF friend across the street did come and take her around on our road so Kylie got to go a little more.  I was so worried how to make this year work with Chelton not being home but this year worked just great.  It is so hard having Halloween on a school night but it went smoothly.
 
 
 
The boys just wanted to be something scary and Kylie HAD to be her princess again.  It was still huge on her...I think she can use this same costume for 3 more years.  She is such a girly girl.  Well as you can see we have been super busy and it just keeps getting busier and busier.  I will try to post about each month.

No comments: