Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas Countdown

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Updates

I haven't updated the blog in a few weeks but not much has been going on so I thought I would just update with the craziness of every day life that we have been going through.

I guess you can consider us an official karate family know. Garrett decided to join the ranks and started taking lessons now. He seems to be really enjoying it and was excited that after two lessons passed off his first move and got his first stripe. Connor is excited to be able to help teach him all the things that he has learned too. They are excited to be able to do it together.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Connor is also excited to earn his third stripe as he passed off a move last week that he has been working on for a while called 'short one' which wasn't short at all and was a really long move and was a really involved move. He did great and was so excited to get it passed off. He just has to pass off his defense moves and will be moving up belts.

Photobucket

Kylie has been still taking her dance lessons and is getting ready for her first dance competition in a few weeks down in Parawan. This is how you can find Kylie most days.

Photobucket

She absolutely LOVES listening to music and will walk around listening to their ipod all the time. Once in a while we will ask her to put the earphones on but most of the time she just blares it out for all of us to hear. She loves to sing and dance.

The whole family has got into dancing lately. We recently purchased the wii game Just Dance and have been using it to exercise and have been having so much fun with it and have been getting some really good workouts in with it. We will turn on the game and end up dancing for 60 to 75 minutes without even knowing it. When I first started I would wake up the next morning hardly able to walk or move and sore as could be and now I have been dancing with the kids so much that we can dance for 75 minutes or so and I am to the point where I don't hurt anymore. There are still some dances that if we do they make me extremely out of breath and I still sweat my butt off but I feel like I am getting in great shape just by playing a wii game plus me and my kids are having a blast spending time and having fun together. It has been a great find.

We also had a family party with my side of the family a few weeks ago and we played just dance and it was a blast. My kids told me it was the funnest family party we have ever had. We started off with a family competition where each family had four people represent their family and they had to choose a song and go up and dance and we added up the scores of their dance and each family took their turn. My sister Halley's family was one member short so we even got my dad to join in. Seeing my dad dance to a Kesha song was the highlight of my night. The two families with the highest score went to a finale round. It was the Spendlove's and the Lund's and I'm sad to say that the Lund's took the title and it was their first time ever playing but at our next competition we will win it back. Then we just took turns dancing for a few hours. We even broke out Abba just dance and got me and my sisters all doing a dance and then we got all our husbands to do a dance. That was another highlight of the night. I can't wait to do another party like this again. Our family has definitely been practicing up to beat those dang Lunds!!!

Last Sunday I got ready for church in a new dress I bought (zebra print) and when Kylie saw I had it on she immediately wanted to be twinners. She has a shirt that kind of has a zebra pattern and had to put it on with a black skirt so we both had a zebra theme and when I bought the dress it came with two free necklaces so I bought me and Kylie one that said "love" on it (since we are spendlove girls) so we both put them one so we went to church in (sort of) matching clothes and Kylie asked Connor to take our picture to send to grandma. Do you think when she is 16 she will still want to be twinners with her mom?

Photobucket

Garrett has also been working hard in scouts earning what he needs to in order to advance to the next level by his birthday. He really enjoys going to scouts and has a great time going. He is a good example to Connor and Connor can't wait until he turns eight so he can go to scouts too. He loves when they have pack meetings and the family gets to go.

Photobucket

We are excited for Easter coming up soon and we get to spend some time with both of our families. We have had a TON of snow down here in Fillmore so we are very excited for spring to come. The kids are anxiously awaiting the day when we can set the trampoline back up and they can go outside and jump again.

2 comments:

BryceandSally said...

Your kids are so cute! You look great!! The picture of you and Kylie is adorable!

Angie said...

How sweet of your daughter!

P.S. I love Just Dance too... it is a workout!