Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas Countdown

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Doing some exploring

So my parents are coming down in a few weeks and we want to do some fishing so we wanted to go for a ride last weekend to take a look at some nearby lakes and also to do some exploring at some of the cool sites around Fillmore. My parents used to take us all on rides when I was little...I have to admit I was not one that liked to be in the car all day. I used to get car sick...I ended up sitting next to the stinky brother who bothered me and I just wanted to get there and with my parents we never got there...the ride was there.....but now I am totally like my parents....I just want to hop in the car and drive around and spend all day driving and seeing cool things and now I am the one torturing my kids, especially my middle child Connor....he absolutely HATES it and complains the loudest. It is kind of fun and I guess it is payback for the rides I HAD to go on.....We really did do some pretty cool stuff so I don't know why I didn't like it when I was younger but I do now.

So on to our ride....we saw the name of this river and thought we for sure could find it...well we didn't but instead we found the Fremont Indian State Park museum. On a whim we decided to stop there and it was pretty cool. They had a movie we watched and some displays we looked at. The coolest thing were the petroglyphs on the mountains that you could see. They had anywhere from half mile up to 5 miles of hiking to see them. Well we weren't really dressed for the walk (I wore the wrong shoes for that so we will have to go back on another day because they had a cool cave you could hike to). Garrett really wanted to hike to more stuff. We had to get the kids picture by the teepee with the mountain in the background that had the petroglyphs on it and Connor was hot and in a bad mood as you can tell in the picture.

Photobucket

Well since the river was a bust we decided to head over to a lake by Delta and then get dinner in Delta. We drove by the lake and well we could see the lake but there was no access to get to the lake...it certainly didn't seem like a lake that anybody actually fished at or actually used...maybe but we couldn't find a way to get to it...the road just circled by it without getting to it...at that point the kids were so hungry and done with being in the car so we headed to the big city of Delta (ha ha ha)...I had never been to Delta....after living in Fillmore I was actually expecting it to be a lot bigger but I must say I really like living in Fillmore...(it is always Delta versus Fillmore--They don't have that much more stuff than us). We got some food and went to a park to eat. The kids had a ball playing at the playground. Kylie is usually a wimp at the park but she is really starting to get a lot braver now. They had three slides...and by the time we left she went on the biggest tunnel slide there all by herself. After that we headed home. We have since found out from friends in Fillmore where the best fishing sites are...no more guessing for us...but it was a fun ride and some fun finds.

This is the first time she went down the "baby" slide...kind of looks terrified

Photobucket

Monkey man

Photobucket

Connor was always there to make sure he was there to catch Kylie

Photobucket

Connor must have went on the slide 100 times

Photobucket

I made Garrett hold this pose while I took the picture and I think he was really sore afterwards

Photobucket

1 comment:

landofnyedom said...

Cass gets carsick too. Definitely puts a downer on the road trip when that happens. Looks like you found some fun stuff though!